Try again this weekend for National Cup tie
Holders Sharlston Rovers opening game of their campaign to retain the BARLA National cup got off to a false start this weekend when overnight frost caused the home tie vs neighbours Upton to be postponed.
The teams allowed the morning sunshine to go to work on the ground and by 12pm nearly all the ground had thawed, however a problem spot in the shade on an area of one of the touchlines caused the match official to deem the field unfit to play on.
The teams will try again this weekend Saturday 21st January kick off 2pm and with the second round draw being made know their fates with the winner hosting former National cup finalists Wigan St Cuthberts on Saturday 11th February.
The re-arranged home game means this Sharlston Rovers A’ team Pennine cup game vs New Earswick All Blacks A’ has had to be delayed until the following week. Unable to host 2 home games and with all their away league team opponents busy in other competitions the Jonny Brewerton’s men will be left kicking their heels once again this weekend.