Pre-season training steps up for new season
With only 7 weeks until the start of the new season for both open age teams Sharlston Rovers ARLFC have started back with pre-season training in preparation for a tough season ahead.
Head coach Gordy Long said “I’m sure it’s going to be another great season in the Pennine premier and were looking forward to the challenge. Being the National cup champions will mean some teams will be coming to try and knock us off our perch but we’ve started early in training to be prepared come September.”
The first session on Tuesday (20th July) saw several new faces and a couple of returning faces back in training. Sean Emblem has returned from Dewsbury Rams and will be a real acquisition to add to the National Cup winning side.
The club strives to continue to provide playing and training facilities for players of all levels of ability to continue the clubs progression both on and off the field. Players of all abilities are encouraged to come along to training and speak with the approachable coaching staff and find a level of structured coaching to help you develop as a player.
The club operates 2 open age sides around 50 players currently registered, our first team play in the Pennine Premier league and our academy team play in division 3. We find the Pennine league to be a competitive and well administered competition with regular weekly fixtures for our players. There is on occasion the need to travel to the Kirklees area but the club provides free transport in means of their own mini bus or coach hire.
If you would like to talk to someone about joining the Rovers either come along on a training day or contact either
Secretary: Jamie Hobbs 07880 858244 email@example.com
First Team Coach: Gordie Long firstname.lastname@example.org
A' Team Coach: Jonny Brewerton 07768 296602. email@example.com
Some benefits of joining Sharlston Rovers ARLFC
- Structured Coaching programmes (twice weekly)
- Floodlight training, new showering and changing facilities.
- The unlimited use of our new gym facility.
- Free Transport to away games via mini bus or coach.
- Regular and reliable competitive fixtures.
- Availability of medical, training and match day equipment.
- Free loss of earnings Injury Insurance (up to £100 a week if off work)
- Use of our club physio / masseuse
- Use of our social clubhouse (pool, snooker, darts, sky tv, live music)
- Life long friends